Cheesecake Stuffed Dark Chocolate Cake
- Time 32 minutes
- Serves 16
- Unsweetned cocoa
- 1 18.25oz package Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 3.4oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 large eggs-room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup oil-vegetable, canola, or corn
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract-optional
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1.55oz milk chocolate bars(such as Hershey's)
- 3 16oz tubs homestyle cream cheese frosting
- 3 7.75oz boxes frozen cheesecake bites(such as Sara Lee)-chopped.
- 1 12oz jar dulce de leche or caramel sauce
- Double chocolate rolled wafer cookies(such as Pirouline)
- Chocolate fudge rolled water cookies( such as Pepperidge Farm)
How to make it
- Grease two round 9" cake pans. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredients on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fold in milk chocolate. Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-32 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Cool layers for 10 minutes in pans then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Wrap layers and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Using a serrated knife, slice layers in half horizontally to make four layers.
- Place 1 layer cut side up onto cake plate.
- Spread with 1/2 cup frosting.
- Sprinkle one-fourth of chopped cheesecake bites over frosting.
- Repeat process with three remaining layers. Spread frosting only over top layer and then on sides of cake.
- Drizzle dulce de leche(caramel sauce) over the top of cake letting it drip down the sides.
- Break rolled wafer cookies into various length pieces and sprinkle over top of cake along with any remaining cheesecake pieces.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers(if there are any).
Decorate with chocolate chips, chopped oreo cookies, chopped peanut butter cups or whatever you like.