Southern Fried Catfish Nuggets
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 5-6
About This Recipe"This is the only way I've ever had catfish. I can't stand to eat it fried in restaurants, it tastes muddy to me, but I can eat it this way."
- 1 -2 lb catfish nuggets
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk ( can use regular or lowfat milk)
- 3 cups cornmeal
- salt and pepper ( other seasonings you want)
- In a large bowl beat egg with a fork, add buttermilk to it. Beat again to incorporate.
- Put oil in a skillet until it is halfway up or you can use a deep fryer, a deep fryer is actually best for these. Heat until hot or if using skillet use medium high heat.
- In another big bowl put cornmeal and seasonings to taste.
- Rinse nuggets and dip into milk mixture, depending on how many you have you could probably fit them all in at one time.
- Take a few out of the milk and dip in to the cornmeal, roll around to get it coated good, then put into oil.
- If using skillet put them in until skillet is full. fry 3 minutes, turn and fry another 2-3 minutes. If using a deep fryer fry 5 minutes, about halfway through stir them around to break up any that might have clumped together. They are done when golden brown and flake easily with a fork.
All can be read in Kindle, Android, or on the computer
This Hillbilly's Guide to Heaven; Moonshine & Wine Recipes Guaranteed to Make You Smile! - $5.00
The [Islamic] Infidel's Guide to Cooking Bacon & Bacon Recipes - $3.99
Margo's Kitchen Jelly Cookbook - $2.99
Margo's Kitchen Jello Shot Recipes - $2.99